Enjoy This Post? Share the Love!
Tuscany-New Deals-Solo Travel Pricing Tracker: 2021-2022 is the right time to fall in love with Italy all over again. Tuscany is one of the most sought after tourist spots in the world.
Tuscany-New Deals-Solo Travel Pricing Tracker: Things to Do and See in the Tuscan Countryside:
While Florence is the most sought after destination in Tuscany, the unspoiled countryside is filled with budget-friendly lodging plus lots to do and see.
· Stroll through an endless array of museums covering topics from art and archaeology to wine.
· Visit Siena, the regional capital dating to the Middle Ages.
· Go on a self-guided art history tour of the region’s medieval local churches, such as the Church of Santa Croce.
· Take a winetasting tour.
· Explore the local UNESCO World Heritage site.
· See the towers of San Gimignano, an ancient “skyscraper” of sorts.
· Go hiking.
· Rent a bike.
· Spend a day horseback riding.
· Play a few rounds on a nearby golf course.
· Try out the hot springs.
Solo Travel Destinations Tuscany Festivals in the Italian Countryside:
One Festival to Consider:
Although Italy is popular year-round, October and November are even better times with off-season pricing. A festival to enjoy: Sagra del Tordo:
1. The festival occurs the last Sunday in October in Montalcino, near Siena.
2. Technically, it is an archery festival which may not sound like everyone’s cup of tea. However, its location in the heart of Tuscany provides a step back in history with medieval costumes, local cuisine, a parade, falconers, folk dancing, feasts and an ancient castle.
3. There are lots of things to see in Montalcino, well-preserved since the 16th-century with old city walls and even a 14th-century fortress. Perched on a hilltop, it has an impressive piazza (main town square), a classic clock tower, city hall and at least 3 ancient churches to visit. It is close to Florence, Siena and San Gimignano and has a centuries’ old fortress. Perched on a hilltop, it has an impressive piazza (main town square), a classic clock tower, city hall and at least three ancient churches to visit.
Tuscany Off the Beaten Path:
For the top solo travel deals for single travelers set out below in Tuscany, please go to our free search tool, the Solo Travel Pricing Tracker and follow these easy steps:
- Choose the Location drop down menu, and click Italy.
- Look for the names of each of the properties we pre-selected below.
- Follow their links to connect directly to see the availability and daily pricing.
- Then go ahead and book to grab top deals!
Gatto Bianco Tizzauli
Nestled in the Tuscan countryside, surrounded by olive trees, gardens and a full-size outdoor pool, check it out while this well-priced property is still available in late Aug. Each guest’s apartment has its own private entrance, a patio and a full kitchen with washing machine and dishwasher. Guests will also have free Wi-Fi access, plus satellite TV and tea and coffee-making facilities.
Montalcino: Otello Guest House
Montalcino, as noted above, is very famous for its October festival, the Sagra del Tordo. However, all year long wine tours are popular as well. This small boutique lodging is ideal for solo travelers. Each apartment has one bedroom, a flat-screen TV, and a kitchen with a fridge.
Pienza: Agriturismo Castello La Grancia di Spedaletto
For a royal holiday on a small or even shoe string budget, the Tuscan countryside gives solo travelers many options from which to choose. Set in the wine producing and olive oil region, this restored castle hotel dates back to the twelfth century. However, it offers twenty-first century updates like free Wi-Fi. It also has an outdoor swimming pool. Each guest room includes a TV, and an en suite private bathroom with free toiletries. It has wood-beamed ceilings and elegant country-style furnishings.
Siena: L’Aia Country Holidays
Siena, the regional capital of Tuscany, is outshone by its more famous sister city, Florence. However, Siena’s history dates back to the Middle Ages and is very much a top destination and UNESCO World Heritage site. L’Aia Country Holidays rooms are large with rustic décor. Each guest room comes with a furnished garden area as well as a fully-equipped kitchenette. Rooms have a shared living room area in the main building where guests can chat or relax with a drink.
Chianti, Residenza Del Sogno
Surrounded by vineyards, this boutique hotel, is top rated by solo travelers,. It is well located as it is about equally distant between Florence and Siena. The Hotel offers modern amenities, including Wi-Fi and an outdoor swimming pool. The Hotel Residenzia Del Sogno has all the comforts of home starting with free Wi-Fi. Air conditioned guest rooms reflect the country decor. They also offer a private en suite bath with hairdryer and satellite TV.
Antica Fonte Residenza
Previously a farmhouse, this charming country house is only a short distance from Siena’s historic walls. The garden includes a Jacuzzi where you can watch the sun set over the hills! Each guest room is decorated in a typical Tuscan style. It has a kitchenette, living area, and some also include a hydro-massage bathtub. Be sure to ask how to get your own “spa”!
Tuscany-New Deals-Solo Travel Pricing Tracker: Italy Made Easy!
With COVID-19 restrictions, summer vacation has been off to a rocky start. There is huge pent-up demand for a travel restart at home and abroad. What is the big challenge? Local and national governments keep changing the rules. As a result, travel plans are in flux.
Our recommendations are the following:
- Grab unheard of solo travel deals with no single supplement.
- Look for solo packages with flexibility.
- Be sure to have travel insurance that includes “Cancel for Any Reason”. While these travel insurance policies are high, you can save in the long run.
- Check to see what sights are closed or require reservations or tickets.
- Pack light, but save room for “treasures” you can find in outdoor markets.
Are you asking yourself what is the best time to go to Tuscany? So that is easy to answer! Because it is always the right time for a Tuscan solo travel vacation. Try Siena for much charm and classic architecture, including an elegant country house.
Learn more about solo travel vacation packages in the region, see:
Cheap solo travel deals-Florence, the crown jewel of Tuscany
More budget solo travel deals-Florence
Solo vacation packages-Florence-Traveling Alone
Budget Solo Travel Deals-Florence Bed and Breakfast
For Solo Travel Packages, follow that link and for popular small group travel, contact OAT Travel. For an easy search, use our free tool, the SoloTravelPricingTracker. By going there, you will find there more than one thousand tour providers and cruise operators offering deals with no (or low) single supplements covering 20,000+ trips plus solo-priced lodging and other top value deals.
Take the stress out of travel: Grab your free copy of our “SoloTravel Made Easy: 2020-2021 Update: 194 Practical Tips” by registering at http://SoloTravelPricingTracker.net.