Top Solo Travel Deals-France-No Single Supplements
Enjoy This Post? Share the Love!
(Scroll down to the very bottom for new, updated cheap solo travel deals for lodging in 8 French cities starting at $88!*)
Top Solo Travel Deals-France-No Single Supplements: France is an expensive place to find solo deals. So overnight stays are hard on any budget. The question is how can you find single traveler deals for hotels and B&B’s? While Paris is not known for cheap solo travel deals, there are ways to find budget single traveler packages in France.
Start with our personal tips below.
Then take a look at the hotels below which we are featuring for best single traveler deals. Those include solo deals from Paris to the French Riviera and from the chateau country of Tours and historic Normandy.
So for more, go to the links set out below for our detailed posts and packages here on SoloTrekker4U. For all of our ninety-nine single travel deals for hotels in France, go to our free, user-friendly search tool, the SoloTravelPricingTracker.
Top Solo Travel Deals-France No Single Supplements:
First for budget solo travel, always go off-season. Even in Paris, in winter many hotels are up to fifty percent off. Then take a look at why you picked France for your singles vacation. If you are focused on museums and galleries, cooking/language classes or shopping for discounts, the cold weather will not be a problem. That’s a good reason to grab cheap solo travel vacation packages.
Secondly, for more solo vacation deals, especially in Europe, always ask for “one room, one adult”. The reason is that unlike the United States, most of the European Union and its neighbors discount the price for one traveler. This is in contrast to the US custom of charging by the room or “rack” rate. Since most travel is priced based on two travelers, couples/pairs have a built-in advantage. By booking for one, check the same place and same date for “two adults”. When there is no single supplement (or other price increase for one traveler), we call those “solo priced”. If a “Single Room” is offered, be sure you are OK with the size of the space offered.
Most importantly, skip the high prices in the central business district. On one trip to Paris, I stayed at an airport motel. There was easy public transport into Paris at all hours. My modern high rise hotel did not have Old World charm. However, it had a gym and other modern amenities providing me with an unheard of cheap solo travel deal!
On more ways to save, check out our Vacation Like Royalty in European Castle Hotels and A Real French Castle Hotel.
Go to our user-friendly, free search tool, SoloTravelPricingTracker.
Low to Mid-Priced Solo Travel Deals: From $158 to Under $100/Night:
What could be better than top solo travel deals-France where you can save but still have great quality!
South of France:
No. 1 Villa Bougainville, Nice, French Riviera
Personal Tip: Look for best solo travel deals for hotels around Sept.9. I found a luxury 5-star hotel with fifty percent discounts. However, these cheap deals do not last long since local hotels close early for the season.
From $158 Sept. 2022 Single Room
- Boutique hotel, renovated in April 2015, is set right in the heart of Nice!
- Guest rooms have air-conditioning, cable TV, en suite bathrooms.
- All rooms also have elevator service.
- On-site fresh breakfast buffet is available daily.
- Walking distance to shops and restaurants.
- Twenty minute walk to the fabled Promenade des Anglais and beaches.
North of France:
No.2 Hotel Napoleon, Cherbourg, Normandy
From $82 Sept. 2022
- Located in the far north of France, this World War Two site dates to the 4th century B.C.
- Want to learn more? See “10 Good Reasons to Visit Normandy in 2021“.
- Just steps from Chantereyne Harbor.
- Set in a 19th-century townhouse, the Hotel Napoleon has flat-screen TV, cable channels and free Wi-Fi.
- Daily on-site continental breakfast.
- Nearby access to restaurants and sights, such as the Cite de la Mer Museum.
The Loire Valley:
No. 3: Hotel du Cygne, Tours, Loire Valley
From $87 Single Room Sept. 2022
- A boutique hotel in the heart of the Loire Valley.
- Converted from an elegant 18th-century building.
- Modern updates include Wi-Fi.
- Full breakfast buffet.
- Walking distance to the Tours Cathedral and antique shops.
No. 4 Hotel Le Blason, Amboise: Loire Valley
From $172 for a suite! Sept. 2022
- The Loire Valley’s centuries-long history has over 300 castles attracting millions of tourists.
- Under the patronage of Renaissance King Francois I, Leonardo da Vinci spent the last three years of his life there and was buried at the Chateau du Clos Lucé.
- While Chambord is the largest of the Loire castles, Chenonceau is a tourist favorite. This true fantasy castle over the Loire River gained fame under Henri II, the second son of Francois I. He and his queen Catherine de Medici and mistress Diane de Poitiers were locked in a life-long love triangle. Upon his death, his dowager queen promptly ousted Diane from Chenonceau. (For a fascinating book about this complex story, I highly recommend “The Serpent and the Moon“. I had the opportunity to hear the author, Princess Michael of Kent, discuss the book and its famous characters based on her extensive research.)
- During World War II, it was the perfect place for intrigue. One side of the castle was on Occupied French soil and the other Free French. It was said that the opposing sides could use the Chateau to dash back and forth potentially undetected!
- Hotel Le Blason is set in a 15th-century house in the heart of Amboise.
- It is only a 15-minute drive from Chenonceau and Chaumont.
- With both a traditional style and modern comfort, guest rooms have flat-screen TV, free Wi-Fi and a private bath.
- Continental breakfast is served daily with pastries, homemade bread, cheese and juice.
- Local restaurants are a 5-minute walk from the hotel.
- The Royal Castle is only 4-minutes away with the Leonardo de Vinci Museum and House a 10-minute walk from the hotel.
Single Traveler Deals No Single Supplements: Hotels Under $199:
For more “Top Solo Travel Deals-France”, look beyond Paris for cheap solo travel deals.
More Loire Valley:
No. 5 Le Clos Saint Raphael Bed and Breakfast, Loire Valley
With five guest rooms in this bed and breakfast:
- Located on the Loire River with views of the celebrated Chateau d’Amboise.
- Guest rooms are individually decorated.
- Select rooms with a seating area and a fireplace.
- Other options include a private balcony or views of the Loire River.
- Updates range from free Wi-Fi to en suite bathrooms.
See also, this link for updated pricing and available dates.
No. 6 Manoir du Parc, Loire Valley
From $216 Sept. 2022
- The Manoir du Parc is an elegant fifteen room manor house in the heart of Amboise.
- Its small size is just right for solos to meet fellow travelers.
- Certain guest rooms have a living room with a fireplace and en suite bathrooms.
- Twenty-first century updates include flat-screen satellite TV and free Wi-Fi.
- Outdoor heated swimming pool-available in warm weather.
- Close to the Leonardo da Vinci Museum, castles, Loire River cruises and ancient Churches of Saint-Denis and Saint-Florentin.
- Active options: hiking, biking or even taking a segway tour.
For updated pricing data and availability, click here.
South of France:
No 7 Hotel Villa Rose, Nice, Riviera
From $143 Single Room Sept. 2022
- 4-star comfort and style in this fabled Riviera tourist haven.
- Completely updated in June 2016.
- Ten minutes by tram from the main avenue, the Promenade des Anglais.
- Surrounded by a garden. Guest rooms all have air conditioning, cable TV and access to free Wi-Fi and en suite bathrooms.
- Breakfast is served daily on-site in your room or in the garden during the summer.
France: The North Coast:
No 8 Najeti Hôtel Château Cléry Far North of France
From $149 Sept. 2022
Opal Coast English Channel near historic sites of Dunkirk
- Located in the town of Hesdin-L’abbe.
- Approximately 6.2 miles from France’s northern “Opal Coast”.
- Pet-friendly hotel. (Charges may apply.)
- With only twenty-seven rooms, ideal for solos to connect with fellow travelers.
- Guest rooms with a flat-screen TV and an en suite bathroom with a shower and tub.
- For fashionistas: a walk-in closet!
- On-site bar and gourmet restaurant with option of breakfast in your room.
- Sauna and massage services available.
For updated daily pricing and availability, follow this link.
Top Solo Travel Deals-France No Single Supplements: Paris Luxury Solo Travel: $200+
For a special splurge, luxury solo travel vacation packages can be worth blowing your budget from time to time. The 4-star hotels below are moderate considering their high-end locations. Check them out here or on our free, solo search tool, the SoloTravelPricingTracker.net.
Hotel Haussmann Saint Augustin
- 8th arr. The Right Bank.
- From $222 Single Room.
- Less than 1 mile to the Arc de Triomphe and Louvre Museum.
- 4 mins from the Élysée Palace, the President of France’s official residence.
If you have a large budget and want to be in the heart of the city, check this out. However, if you can go later off-season, you will find much better pricing!
- 14th arr. 4-star hotel.
- From $382
- Located in Montparnasse.
- Near the Raspail Metro.
- Air-conditioned guest rooms and continental breakfast.
- Free Wi-Fi, satellite TV, a minibar and elevator access.
For today’s prices and availability, click here.
Villa du Square Paris Luxury Bed & Breakfast
- 16th arr.
- From $307 solo-priced.
- Set in a 1924 private mansion.
- Just under 2 miles from the Eiffel Tower.
- Close access to major sights via Jassmin Metro Station there and the Champs Elysées.
- Two minute walk to the Fondation Le Corbusier, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Guest rooms with free Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TV, en suite bath plus a large private garden.
- Shared piano lounge. with piano.
- A daily breakfast served on-site.
If money is no object, see the Hotel Castille It is in the neighborhood of the famous Coco Chanel Atelier.
France like a pro:
Budget Solo Travel Deals-France
Great Prices-Top Solo Travel Deals-France
South of France-Cultural Packages
Luxury Solo Travel on Land! 4-Star Castle Hotel
All below have private baths and are priced at the end of Sept. 2022:
Marseille Key Southern Port Blend of Italy from $103
Lyon Off the Tourist Path-3rd Largest City in France from $106
Corsica Enchanting Island-Famous Son Napoleon from $101
Brittany Northern France Adventure from $97
Burgundy Luxury Solo Travel 4-Star Chateau (Contact property at the link for updated pricing and availability.)
Not looking to splurge? For cheaper solo travel, check these out.
So for more ” Top Solo Travel Deals-France”, see “France Off-the-Beaten Path” and “Top Solo Travel Deals-Paris”.
Lastly, go back often to our free, solo travel search tool, SoloTravelPricingTracker.net.