After many years, the US dollar is stronger against the Euro, making summer 2015 an ideal time for Americans to travel abroad. However, don’t wait as financial experts warn that this trend may not last too long.
Although the UK’s pounds sterling still make London a pricey choice for US residents looking for top solo travel deals, consider some of the following options:
- Aside from the dollar’s general improvement in the Eurozone, Central and Eastern Europe remain top values.
- Beaches in Croatia provide some of the best vacations for singles with adjacent historic sightseeing tours giving the option of a dual-purpose vacation.
- Budapest continues to be well-priced as does Spain.
- Central America features top hotels and tours from popular Costa Rican resorts to Guatemala and Nicaragua.
- Southeast Asia is inexpensive aside from the airfare to get there.
- The Caribbean’s high summer temperatures offer another off-season avenue to save.
However, if your only interest is finding top solo travel packages for Europe, timing is key. Take advantage of travel savings that start around Sept. 9. I have found 50% off on 5-star beach front hotels on the French Riviera at that time. In addition, airfares to Europe or abroad from the US tend to moderate until around Dec 22 when they may double. The latter is a good reason to take an annual international trip for Thanksgiving rather than wait for the really high season for Christmas/New Year’s.
Plan ahead to save, but if your schedule allows for last minute deals, keep watch on offerings mid-week for more travel savings.