Costa Rica Tours for Solo Travelers:
- Costa Rica solo travel packages are popular year-round. The reason? Costa Rica has something for everyone.
- There are really great solo travel deals, especially off-season. I went on solo travel to Costa Rica during the rainy season. The weather was fine. The tropical rains were brief and didn’t stop my beach trips. The off-season rates made luxury travel options for single travelers more affordable.
- Off-season reductions come quickly after the summer. I took advantage of price drops as early as September.
Costa Rica Tours for Solo Travelers:
There are many lodging options for every budget.
- They include global high-end chains as well as small local properties. Our booking engine on our home page listed 120 hotels in 20 places in Costa Rica. A local site listed 61 hotels as 5-star. Their rates ranged from a modest $113 to $1240!
- Seven of those 5-star hotels were in the $200-$299 range. Although not inexpensive, they were much less than many resorts around the world.
- Costa Rica is one of the best vacations for singles. Why is that? It offers four different types of top vacations for those traveling alone.
- First, there are cultural tours reflecting both the Caribbean and Latin American heritage.
- Secondly, there are ecotours.
- Adventure travel deals are very popular.
- Lastly, there are miles of beaches to relax or enjoy water sports.
- A third option includes adventure tour deals.
- Last but not least? There are miles of beaches to enjoy.
Costa Rica Tours for Solo Travelers: A Brief History:
- The country was settled in the pre-Columbian times. Many artifacts remain from that time.
- Its colonial history began in the early 16th century. Christopher Columbus arrived and gave the country its name
- The first Spanish settlers arrived in 1522.
- 300 years later Costa Rica became part of the Mexican Empire.
- In the middle of the 19th-century, Costa Rica joined the Mexican Empire.
- 100 years later Costa Rican was engaged in a civil war.
- The country became a democracy thereafter.
Costa Rica Tours for Solo Travelers: Start in San Jose:
For Costa Rica solo travel packages, I recommend taking a few days in the capital, San Jose.
- The city has a number of museums to explore. You may want to start with the Museo Nacional de Costa Rica.
- My favorite was the Museo de Oro. It was filled with gold artifacts. There also were pre-Columbian figures from the time prior to the Spanish. (The museum’s gift shop sold copies of these items. They were made into earrings and necklaces. They were perfect presents for friends and family.)
- Historians and architects may be disappointed since few early buildings remain. Most of the buildings were erected in the 1800’s rather than the colonial period. The impressive Metropolitan Cathedral of San José was built in the late 19th century. It replaced the original structure destroyed by an earthquake. Newer is what is regarded as San Jose’s finest historic building. That is the National Theatre of Costa Rica. It also dates only from the end of the 19th century. Now celebrating its 117th anniversary this year, it is known for its ornate interior. That features pink marble and gilt. However, it also houses an elegant Viennese-style coffee shop. Out front there are two imposing statues. One is of Ludwig van Beethoven and the other 17th century Spanish playwright, Calderón de La Barca. They both keep a watchful eye on 21st century visitors as they enter.
Costa Rica Tours for Solo Travelers for Ecotourism:
After leaving San Jose and going into the countryside, it is easy to see that Costa Rica is one of the top worldwide ecotourism destinations.
- It provides affordable trips for single travelers. The rainforest, parks and wildlife sanctuaries constitute 25% of the country. Although small in square miles, Costa Rica has some of the richest biodiversity in the world.
- In keeping with its green focus, the government has undertaken a program over time to voluntarily achieve 2007 carbon neutrality. The highly photogenic Red-eyed Tree Frog is most typically depicted to represent Costa Rican wildlife.
- As I found, you don’t have to go very far to see colorful examples. From my hotel patio, I was joined for breakfast each morning by a low-flying hummingbird. It was just one of 26 local species.
- The rainforest, with its 3-4 distinct levels, provides an opportunity to see sloths lounging in the trees. Overhead screeching monkeys frolic atop the canopy. However, the dense growth can make it difficult to spot them.
Costa Rica Tours for Solo Travelers: Adventure Vacations:
A third option exists for single travelers looking to pick up the tempo.
- Beyond placid bird watching and snapping photos of wildlife, Costa Rica offers abundant opportunities for adventure vacations for singles. That ranges from zip lining high above the treetops.
- You can also try rappelling down waterfalls at LaFortuna/Arenal. Six to seven rivers have whitewater rafting.
- Both coasts offer snorkeling and scuba diving.
- The Arenal Volcano no longer draws evening crowds after its nightly eruptions ended in 2010. Nonetheless, six major volcanoes remain for trekking. The resulting hot springs are still an ideal venue for “Happy Hour” watching the sun set. Not being prepared, I was glad to see that the gift shop sold attractive bathing suits in bright tropical colors although a little short on fabric!
Costa Rica Tours for Solo Travelers: A Top Choice for Solos:
- For me staying in San Jose in the Central Valley was ideal. It was an easy day trip to the rainforest. The beaches and boating were still in easy reach.
- The quality and prices were definitely quite good. That was true even for solo travelers.
- If you can’t decide whether you want to go to the Caribbean or to Latin America, Costa Rica gives you “2-for-the-price-of-1”. This is a real benefit. Single travelers often find “1-for-the-price-of-2”!
- Whether you are a Baby Boomer or a millennial, go ahead and see why you should choose a Costa Rica solo travel package.
For more information on Costa Rica Tours for Solo Travelers, see our Travel Packages. For other options, please go back to our home page. Use our Booking.com search box for specials up to 42% off. Be sure to check out the verified solo travel reviews.