Enjoy This Post? Share the Love!
(For other information on solo travel with no single supplements and solo-priced lodging, go to our free search tool, the SoloTravelPricingTracker.net, and for our complimentary “Updated 2020-2021 Solo Travel Guidebook”, be sure to register while there.)
Adventure Travel Packages Top Solo Travel Destination Fiji:
If you are looking for an island paradise in the Pacific and love adventure, take a really good look at Fiji!
- Fiji is not just for honeymooners.
- Fiji is not trip with many different options.
- You can choose an adventure travel package.
- Alternatively, you can have a cultural tour.
- You can just relax on the beach.
- You can have an active vacation in Fiji diving or even zorbing!
- Solo travelers go to Fiji for scuba diving and sports.
- On an adventure travel package you can go “swimming with sharks”.
- If you need more excitement, you can rappel down a thirty foot drop next to a waterfall,
- You can try swimming in a completely dark cave!
Adventure Travel Packages Top Solo Travel Destination Fiji:Background history:
Fiji has a long history. It dates far back before the arrival of European explorers and later settlers.
- Chief Lutunasobasoba brought the first settlers from Melanesia and Polynesia.
- The Dutch were the first Europeans in 1643.
- British explorer Captain James Cook arrived a century later. His name was given to the “nearby” Cook Islands. They are a popular vacation spot in the 21st century for New Zealanders. (I visited some time ago. The inter-island plane was really small. The passengers had to each be weighed! There was no word what happened if you were deemed “overweight”.)
- Fiji’s history includes the arrival of Captain Bligh in 1789. He was made famous by the Mutiny on the Bounty.
- During the next century mainly European missionaries arrived in Fiji. At the same time, many new residents of Fiji came from India.
Adventure Travel Packages Top Solo Travel Destination Fiji: Its People:
Fiji has a diverse population. It has resulted in a warm and welcoming community that greets visitors with “Bula”
- That is a greeting that wishes you health and happiness.
- Fiji may look familiar to you. Why is that? You may have seen many Hollywood films with Fiji as the destination.
Adventure Travel Packages Top Solo Travel Destination Fiji: Getting there and entry requirements:
- Getting there requires a long flight. That is unless you live in Australia or New Zealand. However, it is well worth it.
- Inbound formalities are minimal.
- Most countries’ passport holders are automatically granted a four month visa. All you need when you arrive is proof of a passport valid for six months.
- Tourists get a tax break. You can get a refund of certain VAT taxes paid.
Adventure Travel Packages Top Solo Travel Destination Fiji:Why is this a top solo travel destination?
What is special about Fiji? Why should it be a top solo travel destination?
- Unlike the famed Hawaiian Islands, the Fiji Islands are almost endless. The chain is made up of more than 300 islands. Only about one-third are inhabited. With that many choices, it is easy to get away from the crowds. You might even want to stay in an uninhabited island. Perhaps you can find an island for sale?
- Fiji has world-class scuba diving and snorkeling. Its reefs are only second to the fabled Great Barrier Reef of Australia and those in New Caledonia.
- Fiji’s Cakaulevu Reef has at least one endangered species.
- Divers will see the rare blue coral known as Heliopora. It can just be found in Fiji at Rotuma.
- Fiji has ancient marine life. One example is a rare turtle species that date back more than 100 million years.
- The islands also have one fish that grows as tall as a man. That is the Napoleon Wrasse. It can reach six feet in length.
- There is plenty of unique wildlife. One endangered species is the curiously named “Monkey-faced Bat”.
- The Fiji Island of Viti Levu is a very popular tourist destination. Its attractions include a top beach at Natadola. You can also go while white water rafting nearby.
- Fiji’s Beqa Island is only an hour away from Viti Levu. There you can see authentic firewalking. (Don’t try it yourself!)
Adventure Travel Packages Top Solo Travel Destination Fij: More Things to Do in Fiji:
- Yasawa Island’s Sawa-I-lau Caves are a major tourist site. It is possible to swim in a sunlit cave one moment. The next minute you will be swimming in a neighboring cave in complete darkness. While still in the Yasawa Islands, you can swim with sharks. If you want a gentler swimming buddy, you can join the manta rays instead!
- From there, it is time for even more adventures. You can try out parasailing on Denaura Island. There you can also find rappelling 300 feet into the Tau Caves. Another option is to go ziplining high above the towering palm trees.
- Last but not least, you can consider “Zorbing”. As a child, did you ever chase a ball down a hill? This is the same thing. The only difference is that you are presumably a “grown-up”. Oh, and by the way: The good news is that you don’t have to run after the ball because you are inside it racing down the hill!
Adventure Travel Packages Top Solo Travel Destination Fij: Getting Around the Fiji Islands:
Tourists can visit certain of the uninhabited islands like Yanuca Lailai/Lost Island. It does have at least one tourist resort though!
- It is easy to go between the islands.
- You can go by boat or small airplanes.
- International flights arrive in Suva, Fiji’s capital. It is located on the island of Viti Levu.
Try Fiji whether you are a beachcomber or looking for a solo travel adventure.
- For more information, check out www.fiji.travel.
- For other options, please go back to our home page. Use our Booking.com search box for specials up to 42% off. Be sure to check out the verified solo travel reviews.
For more information and options, check out our free, user-friendly search tool, the SoloTravelPricingTracker.net.