Island Vacations Not Just for Honeymooners Part 1
Enjoy This Post? Share the Love!
Island vacations not just for honeymooners: Puerto Rico is a great place to start.
Island Vacations Not Just for Honeymooners: Why Choose Puerto Rico?
- It is a close-by destination for North American travelers.
- Puerto Rico has a bi-lingual culture. That makes it very easy to navigate.
- The island has beaches for a totally relaxing vacation. Your heaviest lifting will be raising a frosted glass of Pina Colada at sunset!
- You can include an eco-tour through El Yunque National Forest or the nearby island of Vieques
- The island provides multiple water sports to choose from. For a really active trip, you can go surfing, kiteboarding, snorkeling and diving. For a real adventure, you can even try to zipline for a view from up on high.
- You ar not a sun worshipper? Old San Juan offers the opportunity for cultural tours. You will step back into colonial times with many historical and architectural monuments to see. You can explore the Cristo Chapel, La Fortaleza, Governor’s Residence and San Juan Bautista Cathedral. Looking for nightlife? There are lots of opportunities to salsa into the wee hours.
- Foodies will have plenty of local dishes to try. Fashionistas can beat the midday heat by taking a stroll through the markets and doing a little shopping.
Island Vacations Not Just for Honeymooners: What are the Lodging Options?
There are more than 300 lodging options. They range from 5-star resorts to unrated lodging at $46. (For other prices and styles, return to our home page. Use the hotel search box for a wide range of pricing and styles.) My personal favorite is Hotel El Convento. It is, a 4-star popular, small hotel in Old San Juan. Besides the historic setting, it has charming Colonial architecture although there are also many sleek modern high rises available as an alternative.