Croatia-A Top Solo Travel Destination
Enjoy This Post? Share the Love!
Croatia-a top solo travel destination: Overview:
What is one of our most popular spots? Croatia-a top solo travel destination!
Croatia is set in Southern Europe. It was in the past part of Yugoslavia. It is nestled on the eastern side of the Adriatic Sea right across from Italy. It has a population of only 4.28 million. The official language is Croatian. Nearly ¼ of the population live in the capital of Zagreb. Croatia is one of Europe’s best hidden gems.
Croatia attracts tourist from all over the world because of its:
- natural beauty
- rich history
- top cuisine and
- range of landscapes.
Croatia can be divided into the following regions:
Northern and Central Croatia: low mountains and highlands.
Eastern Croatia: Flat agricultural plains.
Coastal Croatia: Mediterranean climate. It has 1,000+ islands. They are the country’s main attraction.
Croatia-a top solo travel destination: A range of options in one vacation:
Croatia is the place for you for:
- some peace and quiet
- a Robinson Crusoe type of adventure
- a place to party
- an active vacation
- a paradise island
- a history lesson or
- glitz and glamour.
Here are a few examples of Croatia’s most popular destinations:
- The classy Hvar is called “the new St. Tropez”. Numerous glamorous yachts glide around the island.
- Pag island is known as the “Croatian Ibiza”. The party on the famous Zrće beach literally never stops.
- Kornati islands combine bare natural beauty with wild nature at its best.
- Dubrovnik is Croatia’s historical gem. Its impressive stone walls serve as a set for the Game of Thrones.
- Plitvice Lakes National Park’s astonishing waterfalls are considered one of the most magical places on Earth. As a result, they attract people from all over the world.
- Motovun is a charming hilltop village famous for its lovely Film Festival.
- Rovinj is an enchanting little town. It will make you fall in love with its Mediterranean style. It is filled with narrow streets, romantic balconies, colorful houses, little shops and cafes.
- Hum is the smallest city in the world with a population of only 17 inhabitants!
Croatia-a top solo travel destination: Gourmet Cuisine:
Croatia’s gourmet delights and exquisite vines are one of the country’s best assets. Croatia’s delicious dishes are prepared with only natural ingredients from the land and the sea. They provide real variety from region to region. For example, the mainland cuisine is famous for stew-like meat dishes. In contrast, the lighter, coastal, Mediterranean cuisine focuses on fish, olives, olive oil and rosemary.
Croatia is also famous for its vineyards. In both the mainland and the islands, the vineyards not only add natural beauty but produce extraordinary wine due to the fertile soil.
Croatia-a top solo travel destination has both natural diversity and harmony. Do you want to fall in love with a colorful country? Explore and discover as many things as possible? Well, then you must visit the tiny paradise called Croatia!
For solo travel packages, go to Croatia By Land and Sea. For more information go to www.TrulyCroatia.com.
For more than 1,000+ solo travel tour/cruise operators and lodging covering 20,000+options with no to low single supplements, use our free search tool, SoloTravelPricingTracker.net
Guest Post by TrulyCroatia as Updated
(Solo Trekker 4 U recommends that you take a look at these single traveler deals: Croatia Cruises, Dalmatia Coast-Croatia, TrulyCroatia 4 Country Enchanting Journeys.